Monday, March 16, 2015

I Love this Cotton Yarn!

I'm sending out hats to cancer centers in Garden City and Manhattan, KS today!
Why Garden City and Manhattan, you ask?
Howard lived in Garden City in the late 70s/early 80s.  And Howard's son, Travis, went to Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS.

The yarn used for these hats was donated by Jill in Lenexa, KS and I made simple beanies on her behalf.  Gotta teach her to crochet!!

Getting it all organized.

This yarn reminds me of a birthday cake!

This is just a simple beanie with some buttons sewn on for flair.

I really like this one.  Just a verigated yarn with a solid trim.  The button is vintage and was given to me by my grandma-in-law, Joann.  She's 90 years old and doesn't crochet, but contributes in her own way.

Made this one yesterday and it works up quickly.  Free pattern!

Hats are tagged and put into baggies.  I like to use a Sharpie to write on the bag so people can see a sizing.  Usually it's Adult Average, Adult Small, Adult Large.

Yay!   Can't wait to get to the post office later today!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home