Monday, January 12, 2015

I've been working on some new hats!

Since it's been so cold outside, I've been working on a bunch of new hats!

This one was probably the hardest stitch I've ever attempted.  It's crochet cables.  So hard at first!
I thought I was doing really well and was almost finished but the right side of the cables seemed to be too straight.  So I had to frog it all back to the ribbed part and start over.  That time...I got it right and it was a lot of fun to finish!
This one is for my husband but I plan to make several now that I know I can and send them off for A Hat from Howard.



This one is from The Crochet Crowd's January 2015 challenge.

This one was hard to get the size right.  The site suggests you add an extra 2 rounds, but that made it huge!  The green hat above was with an H hook and followed the pattern exactly.  It came out a little bit tight on my head.  
The hat below was with an I hook and I added 2 extra rows.  Gigantic!  I frogged it and followed the pattern exactl, but the bigger hook still made it pretty large.  I had to do a little bit of adjusting on the back to make it fit my head.  And I think I made the brim bigger than the pattern on accident, but it's still cute.  I made flowers to use instead of using buttons.   
In the end, not my favorite hat to make.

And then I made a random beanie and just used colors on-hand.  I really like it!












Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home