Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tuesday crocheting and Netflix

I seem to always have a series going on Netflix.  Right now, I'm watching The Office...again.  What started out as just wanting to watch one Christmas episode in December has turned into All Scranton All The Time.  And I just watched the whole series last January when I had dental surgery.  It's funny every time :)

When I have a crochet project going, it's nice to hear voices in the background.  And watching a show I've watched before is ideal because I don't have to look up at the screen to watch.  Starting a new show is harder because it requires too much concentration!

This popped up on my facebook feed once and I thought it was so funny and so true!


This morning is pink and gray back post double crochet and Dwight in Florida.  Who's your favorite character from The Office?  Do you have a favorite season?  Or favorite joke?


Thought I'd share a couple of my other projects:

 Penguin mittens for my niece in Nebraska for an early Valentine gift.  I got the pattern here and used black yarn rather than gray.  I wasn't sure if she would recognize them as penguins if they weren't black.


When I'm not making hats for A Hat from Howard, I make washcloths for The Pink Slipper Project.
They have a new shelter every month in need and I follow their facebook page for updates.  This is a great project for me because I'm able to help others and I use the washcloths as a chance to practice a new stitch or motif.  I truly believe this has helped me become a better crocheter.  


And a tunisian crochet washcloth started.  I'm learning!

I use any cotton yarn.  I Love This Yarn Cotton is very soft and silky feeling.  It can really showcase pretty stitches.  I use Sugar and Cream, also, although it's a big more rough to the touch.  It seems more durable.
I always pledge 5 washcloths and they cost about $4-$5 to mail.


Want some patterns?






And cotton yarn will be excellent for making hats for Crochet for Cancer for the spring and summer months!

Have a great crochet day!  ~Heather


A Hat from Howard, A Chapter of Crochet for Cancer
PO Box 133
Lawrence, KS  66049





Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home